01 Oct Podcast: Equity Compensation Overview and How To Choose Between Options and RSUs
In today’s episode Nicholas Olesen begins a short podcast series on equity compensation. These plans continue to become more and more popular in both private and public companies and therefore a very important part of compensation to understand.
During the episode Nicholas shares:
- What is equity compensation?
- Why has it become so popular?
- The three main types of: stock options, employee stock purchase plans, and restricted stock
- Difference between stock options (NQSO) and restricted stock (RSU)
- How to decide, if given the choice, between NQSO and RSU
The next two episodes can be found here:
Equity Compensation Strategies for Hedging, Diversification, and Tax Minimization
How To Best Use Your Employee Stock Plans and Equity Compensation
Please send in feedback and any topic or questions you would like us to cover. Email us here.