As a business owner or key executive, you have a unique planning responsibility. You not only have to consider your own financial planning needs but you also must have a strategy for so many facets of the business.
Consider just a few of these common concerns amongst business owners:
- How do I run a quality retirement program for my employees and in doing so, make sure I am protected and managing my fiduciary responsibility?
- How do I take care of my key people to make sure they have quality executive benefits not available in our basic retirement plan or group benefits?
- How do I protect the business at the death, disability, retirement, or termination of a shareholder or key employee?
Our Business Strategies group has 3 main areas of focus:
Corporate Retirement Plan Consulting:
- Able to act as ERISA 3(21) or 3(38) Fiduciary to the plan
- Investment Policy Statement preparation and maintenance
- Ongoing plan investment monitoring
- Performance reporting
- Acting as service provider liaison
- Education services to plan committee
- Participant education and enrollment
- Fee benchmarking services
Executive Benefit Strategies:
- Supplemental executive benefits using life and disability insurance
- Non-qualified, Deferred Compensation plans
Business Continuation Planning:
- Strategies for the planned or unplanned transition of a business
- Insurance funding strategies for the buyout or continuation of a business